Some worrying major concerns are going on right now in the streets and it is spread worldwide, but it is about to dry up. Occupy Wall Street is a movement against government's greed and corruption towards us, ripped off middle class. These protesters proclaim themselves as '' the 99%''. I think we're all part of this 99 percent, and I admire people who bother to take their time, energy and money to protest. Here is an insteresting link for you to browse.
In Saskatoon last week, the tiny encampment dropped from 30 to only a dozen because of the temperature cooling down. At other place like in Ottawa, some people gave up over philosophical conflicts. Sadly, most of the participants abandoned the movement because they had to deal with people affected by mental health issues that were taking over the wealth appropriate distribution. Moreover, two deaths encountered since the beginning the protests, one in Vancouver and the other in Oklahoma City. Therefore, people part of the 1 percent, seeking any opporunity to draw an end to the movement, take advantage of these unfornatunate mishappenings.
It is really sad that the message probably won't even have been worth it because of all the things that came to affect the 99% of people that actually care about a change because they will have shut down the activities for the bad reasons. I am worried about my future now that I know that eventually there might be no bridge anymore beetwen middle and poor class and that rich people will own the power that we deserve over us, because they will have exploited us.
What are your thoughts about this movement?
I totally agree with your post. Even if the movement started for good reasons and good intentions, 2 month later I think that most of the protesters lost their interrest in the cause and are causing more trouble than any actual change.
ReplyDeleteFirst, I find it's interesting that people take in their time to defend what they think about what the government doing or not doing. It's for a great cause and they want to improve their world. But sometimes it's going to far. there are many violence acts in manifestations and some protesters don't respect environment and the people around them. So, I think it's bad for them because they protest for something but they did something that they contradict their professionalism. It's true that the message don't pass at each time. The difference between poor and rich classes is a situation that gorvernment need to revise.
ReplyDeleteIt really is sad for such great aspirations to be ignored behind the few things which compromise it. People really are fighting the good fight in there, we do need justice. Yet there's always a hippy somewhere to fµ¢k things up, and then the media uses it against them.
ReplyDeleteWe need change, that we do, but it ain't going to happen before a long time.